About Me

My photo
My teaching career began 17 years ago when I decided I would finally become "What I wanted to be when I was grown-up", a teacher.  At that time I had worked for 15 years in the banking and financial industry and was even a stockbroker at one time. I returned to college and graduated with a Masters of Elementary Education from Wilmington University. I became certified to teach art and currently I teach grades PK-8.  Art is my passion and I love what I do! 

Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Sloth and Service


After the last player dropped out. a new player was added. This was the journal that I received a week ago. The theme for this round was Sloth and Service. I had an original idea prior to receiving this journal, but after reading the artist's guidelines, I had a complete change of thought. This artist expressed that she loved writing, so I thought that I would devote this spread to that. I set this up as a journal entry format over the life of two brothers. The diary entry begins with this photo and the events of that day:






The vintage photo was edited using Adobe Elements 5.0, then printed onto photo paper. The frame was a slide frame.


Encaustics were used to create the texture of the frame.










The white pages were painted with two coats of Golden Carbon Black to give it a vintage scrapbook appearance.










The entries were written with silver calligraphy pen.







The ceramic tile represents the tombstone.

No comments:

Post a Comment