About Me

My photo
My teaching career began 17 years ago when I decided I would finally become "What I wanted to be when I was grown-up", a teacher.  At that time I had worked for 15 years in the banking and financial industry and was even a stockbroker at one time. I returned to college and graduated with a Masters of Elementary Education from Wilmington University. I became certified to teach art and currently I teach grades PK-8.  Art is my passion and I love what I do! 

Monday, January 21, 2013

CAPI: Creating Sketchbooks

I have owned a Bind It All, Zutter machine for binding for many years.  I believe I used it once or twice to create an altered board book project.  The Zutter machine frustrates me, but since I own it, I feel like I need to use it!

I have signed on for the online exploration with Milliande, Creating Art Portfolio Ideas (CAPI) to discover my own art style.  With this, we were to have six portfolios/journals/sketchbooks.  I wanted to combine two together...Raw and Observational Studies into one.  This is what I created:




This is one book, with one side for the Raw and flipped over it is the Observational Studies.  I cut lots of different types of watercolor paper, bristol and such.  I put in half pages and thought I could use for tip ins if needed.  

And the Pondering Journal...I needed a journal with lined paper for writing.  I found this old ledger in my closet which seemed perfect.  A couple of quick alterations and it's now ready for "pondering".





No comments:

Post a Comment