About Me

My photo
My teaching career began 17 years ago when I decided I would finally become "What I wanted to be when I was grown-up", a teacher.  At that time I had worked for 15 years in the banking and financial industry and was even a stockbroker at one time. I returned to college and graduated with a Masters of Elementary Education from Wilmington University. I became certified to teach art and currently I teach grades PK-8.  Art is my passion and I love what I do! 

Monday, January 30, 2012

Book of Days (or Weeks?)

I never believed that I would be able to create art EVERY day, although I would absolutely LOVE to do so.  I work full-time as an art teacher helping students with their art exploration, I am the main chef/grocery shopper/laundry do-er/teenager taxi driver at my house. But, I liked the idea of a year long journey, a sort of visual diary of my year.  I felt this Book would inspire me to create at least a weekly routine of creating art.

I created my cover after I arted the first two pages below.  Now I wished I waited just a bit longer so that I could re-title it to "Weeks" not "Days", but I always can later or just think that days make up weeks! Yes, that's the ticket!


Cover created with cardstock painted with acrylics to cover spine, hand dyed ribbon to cover cardstock :), then number tissue paper was applied with gel medium, number and letter stickers added then dotted with white gel pen.  Eyelash and pom pom ribbon with added hand made copper embellishment.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sharon, visiting from Life Book. I love your art book cover you created! I'm a bit behind in Life Book, hoping to catch up soon.

    If you get a chance, stop by my blog I am having a giveaway for a pair of heart earrings :)

    http://staciejewelry.blogspot.com/2012/02/grow-your-heart-win-pair-of-vintage-red.html

    ReplyDelete