About Me

My photo
My teaching career began 17 years ago when I decided I would finally become "What I wanted to be when I was grown-up", a teacher.  At that time I had worked for 15 years in the banking and financial industry and was even a stockbroker at one time. I returned to college and graduated with a Masters of Elementary Education from Wilmington University. I became certified to teach art and currently I teach grades PK-8.  Art is my passion and I love what I do! 

Monday, May 14, 2007

And I Receive One

Yes, that is how it all is supposed to work. Each month we should receive a new journal as they revolve around the United States. This journal did not travel very far as it came from PA. Each journal opens your mind to new ideas, whether it is the art that you see, the words written by one of the players, or even the medium or surface. In one round robin I worked in an old cookbook, you know the Betty Crocker kind with the three ring binder. It was quite cool! In another round robin, the journal was book of record sleeves for the old albums ( the real ones). The artist had cut circular watercolor paper to resemble a vinyl record as our surface. Again, a challenging and unique way to think.

The journal I received this month was created from a scrapbook photo album. It has plastic sheets for the artist to insert their completed spread. The pages are for me the challenge. It is large in size, 12x12, and square. I usually work in rectangular shaped paper and a smaller size. So, this would be quite fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment