About Me

My photo
My teaching career began 17 years ago when I decided I would finally become "What I wanted to be when I was grown-up", a teacher.  At that time I had worked for 15 years in the banking and financial industry and was even a stockbroker at one time. I returned to college and graduated with a Masters of Elementary Education from Wilmington University. I became certified to teach art and currently I teach grades PK-8.  Art is my passion and I love what I do! 

Thursday, May 10, 2007

Artist Sign-in Pages


A staple of all round robins is a sign in page. This is where the players will record their name and date that they had the book in their home. I wanted to create a harlequin theme, so I began by cutting out some purplish paper in that shape. It needed something more, so I glued and glittered a border on them in metallic green.

The next day, I looked at them and hated them! So, back to square one. I still wanted the harlequin pattern, so I looked through some papers that I had hand painted in the past. I found a sheet in the colors I was looking for that I had done with acrylics and punched out the harlequin shapes.

No comments:

Post a Comment